Are you ready to redefine the financial industry? Does a serious technical challenge make your heart beat faster? Do you give energy to those who work with you and are you looking for an energy boosting work environment? Then Nordnet is the place for you!
We are looking for an engaged and experienced Database Engineer. In your role as a Database Engineer in the IT Operations department, your main responsibility is to continuously improve and maintain our Microsoft SQL databases. Some Oracle related duties may be included, therefore it is meriting if you are familiar or interested in broadening your expertise within this area. Being responsible for continuously collecting and structuring important data from our applications demands a high degree of responsibility, good communication skills and good cooperation with colleagues from many parts of the organisation. With your experience from the database platform you will have recurring meetings with system owners, managers and specialists ending up in an updated environment, proactive activities and good priorities.
The position includes on-call duty.
This is you
As a database engineer you:
- Are organised, careful and methodical in a way that benefits the team's working climate and ability to deliver high quality solutions
- Are highly communicative, transparent and a good listener
- Are used to work in high performing business critical systems
- Keep track of the new trends in your area of expertise
- Love new technology and see problems as an opportunity to improve
- Are passionate about modern proactive operational work
You are well versed in:
- Building database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Designing and implementing databases in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Defining users and enabling data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Large Microsoft SQL environments
Good to have:
- Familiar with Oracle databases
- Google Cloud competence
- Experience from banking and finance
Fluent in English and Swedish is mandatory
We offer you the opportunity to work in a great team within a friendly Nordic environment with a strong focus on innovation, product development, and technology.
We are currently building a world-class customer experience and have a vision to become the number one choice for savings and investments in the Nordic countries. Our ambitions are high and you will embark on a fast and challenging journey within a tight team of sharp and committed colleagues. At Nordnet, there is great potential for development and opportunities to redefine the financial world.
Culture is built and cared for, each day by everyone. We’re proud of ours. Having a flat organisation where anyone can talk to anyone creates a warm and friendly atmosphere worth protecting. We believe in a culture where every effort counts and where everyone is being recognized. A culture embracing our core values – passion, simplicity, and transparency on all levels, no matter who you are or what you do.
We are 800 employees in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki and Copenhagen.
Learn more about Nordnet on our corporate site and in our brand movie This is Nordnet, that describes our identity.
Visit us on www.nordnetab.com, www.nordnet.se, www.nordnet.no,
www.nordnet.dk and www.nordnet.fi.
Please apply today– we will start interviewing immediately. Please note that we do only accept applications through our recruitment system, hence no email applications will be considered.
If you have questions, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner, Joachim Öberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to inform you that Nordnet conducts mandatory credit and background checks, as well as drug testing on the final candidate as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application!