Nordnet is a leading pan-Nordic digital platform for savings and investments. Ever since we started 25 years ago, our purpose has been to democratize savings and investments. Through innovation, simplicity, and transparency, we challenge traditional ways in the financial industry, and give private savers access to the same information, tools and services as professionals. Our ambition is to inspire, encourage and enable people to take their savings to the next level, no matter who they are.
Are you a business orientated legal counsel with experience from banking, asset management or securities dealing industry or supervisory authorities? Are you interested in savings and investments in combination with having an entrepreneurial spirit? Here’s your opportunity.
Nordnet is a pan-Nordic leading digital platform for savings and investments. The business is conducted by Nordnet Bank AB, domiciled in Sweden and licensed by the Swedish FSA. The bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nordnet AB (publ), which is listed at Nasdaq Stockholm.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to the Norwegian branch. You will work broadly, close to business and advise on a wide range of exciting and varied legal topics within the fields of retail banking and securities business.
This is part of the role
As a senior legal counsel in Nordnet's Norwegian branch, you will be a key employee and responsible for the legal tasks relating to the branch and its activities. The role is broad, and the topics are varied and include digital solutions, trading in financial instruments, distribution of funds, investor protection, mortgages and marketing of financial products. In addition, you will be dealing with various types of contracts and other types of legal documentation.
You collaborate at all levels inside and outside the organization and across national borders. You have a good understanding of business and are a solution-oriented sparring partner who manages to build a bridge between law and everyday life for your colleagues.
You will be part of a dynamic team of legal counsels based in Stockholm, Copenhagen and Helsinki and will report to Nordnet’s General Counsel. You will join the Norwegian office and work, on a daily basis closely with the Norwegian Country Manager and be a part of the operational management team in Norway.
Your work tasks will include:
- providing legal advice to all parts of the country organisation in their day-to-day business;
- maintaining terms and conditions et.al. in local language for Nordnet’s products and services;
- supporting the country organisation in legal matters, e.g. when setting up new or changed products or services;
- negotiating, arranging and reviewing agreements;
- managing the country organisation’s legal disputes, including cases before the local Complaints Board;
- keeping the country organisation informed of developments in laws and regulations that potentially affect the business;
- maintaining contact with relevant local authorities and trade associations;
- coordinating with legal colleagues across the Nordnet Group in matters that are relevant in multiple markets; and
- acting as contact person when the country organisation obtain external legal advice.
This is you
You hold a Norwegian Master of Laws or an equivalent degree within the legal field and have a minimum of four years of experience of qualified legal work from a law firm, supervisory authority or in-house legal department preferably within the financial industry.
We believe that you have an entrepreneurial spirit hidden in you and have the will to assist the business in big or small ways.
We expect that:
- You work independently and efficiently – no task is too small or big for you
- You have a professional and quality-conscious attitude to your work both independently and as part of a team
- You are flexible and have a large work capacity
- You remain calm and focused also in stressful situations
- You are not afraid to make decisions
- You act quickly and meet deadlines
- You thrive in a busy and dynamic environment
- You have an interest in investments and digital solutions
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and Norwegian
We value experimentation and continuous improvement. With an impartial approach, we welcome new ideas to boost our progress. Sharing knowledge and learning from our setbacks is part of the game. We have the courage to ask questions and admit that we do not have the answer, all the time. We believe that straightforward and transparent communication build trust and inclusion.
Culture is built and cared for, each day by everyone. We’re proud of ours. Having a flat organization where anyone can talk to anyone creates a warm and friendly atmosphere worth protecting. We believe in a culture where every effort counts and where everyone is being recognized. A culture embracing our core values – passion, simplicity and transparency on all levels, no matter who you are or what you do.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a great team in Oslo located in new offices central in Oslo City Center and to be a part of a friendly Nordic environment with a strong focus on innovation, product development and technology. We are proud of the friendly and humble environment and commit to our goals as a team.
We are 800 employees in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki and Copenhagen.
You can also visit us on: www.nordnet.no
If you have questions, please contact Mari Rindal Øyen at Mari.Rindal.Oyen@nordnet.no or Carl Dahlborg at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the recruitment process, contact Talent Acquisition Partner Joachim Öberg at email@example.com.
Apply today– we will start interviewing immediately. Please note that we do only accept applications through our recruitment system, hence no email applications will be considered. Application deadline: January 31 2024.
We want to inform you that Nordnet conducts mandatory credit and background checks.
We look forward to receiving your application.